I wasn't really sure of the benefits of the juices until I was older, yeah I knew that oranges had a lot of vitamin C and vegetables are good for you, but I didn't realize what an affect these juices could really have.
I read a story recently about a woman that had cancer and as part of her self treatment she consumed an intensive amount of juice every day, 13 glasses, to be exact. She did recover and the cancer is in remission, she's still with us today. It's hard to say if the juices had any effect on her recovery, but with the mass amount of vitamins, minerals and enzymes fresh juice contains, I have no doubt it had a positive affect. One of the combinations of juice she consumed everyday was carrot, orange and dark leafy greens.
Today, as the health benefits of juicing are becoming more well known, more and more people are juicing fruits and vegetables as part of a healthy lifestyle. Taking care of your body is just the simplest form of care and prevention.
Most illnesses can be traced back to the lack or deficiency of vitamins, minerals and enzymes needed by the body to function properly and keep your immune system working its best. It is important to consume the necessary amount of fruits and vegetables every day, something I had a hard time doing before I discovered juicing. Raw juice therapy can be the answer. Raw juicing is a great way to speed up healing and in the prevention of illness.
Based on information from http://healthlibrary.com, here are some fruit and vegetable combinations that can help, when juiced, with the following aliments.
- Sore Throat – grapes, apricot, lemon, pineapple, prune, carrot, tomato, and parsley.
- Headache - lemon, grapes, carrot, lettuce and spinach.
- Colds – lemon, orange, grapefruit, pineapple, carrot, onion, celery and spinach.
- Influenza – orange, apricot, lemon, grapefruit, pineapple, carrot, onion and spinach.
- Allergies – apricot, grapes, carrot, beet and spinach.
- Eye Disorders - apricot, tomato, carrot, celery, parsley and spinach.
- Constipation - apple, pear, grapes, lemon, carrot, beet, spinach and watercress.
- Diabetes – citrus fruits, carrot, celery, lettuce and spinach. (don't overdue the fruits and carrots)
- Acne – grapes, pear, plum, tomato, cucumber, carrot, potato and spinach.
- Asthma – apricot, lemon, pineapple, peach, carrot, radish and celery.
Drink the juice 4 or 5 times per day until the symptoms subside. Drink approximately 8 oz of juice per serving, it can be increased over time. If you start feeling bad or noticing some other negative reaction, stop the juicing and seek medical attention.
If you want to do raw juice therapy, here are things you should consider when juicing fruits and vegetables:
• Use only fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Only extract as much juice as you can consume in one sitting.
• Oxidation occurs rapidly in fruit and vegetables after being juiced. If you store the juice too long it will lose the enzymes, minerals and vitamins and may turn an unpleasant color, for example apple juice may turn brown.
• Add water if the juice is too sweet, especially if you are diabetic.
Enjoy your favorite juice…
Disclaimer: You must not rely on the information from this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare providers. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because on information presented by this website.
Photo used under Creative Commons from muammer